Hello everyone! Today I am here to share my first ever award for my blog. I am so incredibly humbled to have been nominated by THREE different bloggers for this award. Thank you so much to Chloe @ Paint and Butterflies Books, Michelle @ A Half Blood Fangirl and Annalisse @ Hopeful Reads for the nomination! It’s incredibly to me that just a little over a month ago I started this blog and I’m getting this kind of recognition. I’m blown away to be quite honest.
The rules for the award are:
1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
5. Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
So since I have been nominated by three different blogs, I’m going to take a few of each of their questions and answer those.
1. You can possess one superpower. What is it?
I would be able to fly. I love to travel but I don’t get to do it as much as I want to because of stupid things like money, you know. So it would be amazing to be able to go wherever I wanted to in a moment’s notice.
2. Describe your ideal atmosphere when reading.
In bed, with a nice cup of coffee or tea. With a hardback book and all the time in the world.
3. You can only keep three books on your shelf and have to discard the rest. Which ones do you choose?
I have a very small bookshelf, only 20 or so on it. The rest of my collection are in some boxes back in the US waiting for me to call them home. So of the ones I have with me, I’d pick Twilight, since its my most re-read, The Hunger Games cause Duh, and The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong since it’s one of my favorites.
4. Favorite T.V show?
It’s a tie between Once Upon a Time and How to Get Away with Murder. The former has been my favorite the longest. I just love the plot of the entire series, the retellings of all the fairy tales are incredibly intertwined and creative. And the latter sucked me in from the first episode, I am obsessed with it. I can’t wait til the second season starts here in November.
4. Favorite Book?
As of right now, my favorite book is Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe b Benjamin Alire Saenz. This was my number one book of last year and there hasn’t been another book since that has surpassed what that book made me feel. It’s brilliant.
5. How did you get into blogging?
I got into blogging when I couldn’t continue booktubing. I have some serious camera issues right now which render me unable to film videos. I didn’t want to stop being a part of the book community because I felt at home and welcomed so I decided to move over to blogging in the meantime but I must say I’m enjoying this avenue a bit more.
6. Do you have any siblings?
I have three siblings. One brother and two stepbrothers who have been in my life since I was a baby. They are all older than me so I am the baby and obviously the most spoiled since I’m also the only girl. We all live in different places and rarely see each other but I love them and I know I can count on them with anything.
7. Favorite Food?
It’s a tie between Italian and Sushi. I am obsessed with both of them. I could eat pizza, pasta, lasagna or anything of the sort for the rest of my life and be happy. And I get such giant cravings of sushi, they won’t go away until I have some and then the cycle continues a month later.
8. Series or stand alone?
I feel like I want to say series because that’s what I read the most of. I have an obsession with characters and I always want to know more which makes me feel like sometimes when I read a stand alone, what they gave me is not enough.
9. Which fictional character would you kill and why?
Nora from the Hush, Hush series. I hate her with a giant passion and the whole series would’ve been completely moot if she had just died like she was supposed to the billion times people tried to kill her. She’s just an idiot and I just can’t.
10. Favorite animal character in a book?
Kiki from the Chronicles of Ixia series by Maria V. Snyder. She’s Yelena’s horse and she is just so sassy and has so much attitude to her. She’s amazing, especially since she translates all that personality in gestures and one word answers.
11. Favorite song right now?
Same Old Love by Selena Gomez. To be honest, I’m just obsessed with all the music she’s putting out right now. I’m loving her new sound and I can’t wait for her new album.
Here are 11 facts about me:
- I am 21 years old.
- I have a dog and a cat.
- I love to sing.
- I rode horses for 5 years in the US.
- I am a Cancer through and through.
- I want to get a tattoo of the outline of the state of California.
- I hate when people add an H on the end of my name, I feel like it changes my identity.
- I suffer from anxiety and depression and it really hinders my relationships with people at times.
- I have really long nails but I rarely ever paint them.
- I love to dance to Latin music, whether its merengue or reggeaton.
- I sleep with a little pillow made up of smaller pillows.
- Greatest fear
- Favorite childhood memory
- Most hated character in a book and why
- Dream career
- Favorite movie
- A book that made an emotional impact on you
- What your best friend has changed about you
- How did you discover that you wanted to blog
- A life changing event
- Favorite post on your blog
- Favorite animal
Now onto the nominees:
So that’s it for this post! Thanks again to the gals that nominated me and I can’t wait to see the post from those I nominated. Thanks so much for reading and I’ll see you on my next post!