I’m back today with another tag. My lovely friend Mariana @ Book Is Glee tagged me to do the Burn, Rewrite, Reread tag which is basically the bookish version of Kiss, Marry, Kill. Thanks for the tag lovely!
SO let’s get started!
- Randomly choose 3 books (Tip: Use the “Sort > Random” option on your Goodreads’ Read shelf.).
- For each group, decide which book to burn, which one to rewrite, and which to reread (a lot like Kiss, Marry, Kill).
- Repeat until you completed three rounds (or six).
- BURN: Proxy by Mindee Arnett – While I enjoyed it, it’s just a novella but it kind of feels like a full length novel. It’s super dragged out and it took me a lot longer to read than a novella usually does.
- REWRITE: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins – While I’m not one of those people that disliked this book, I know it’s not the best one in the series. There’s a lot of things that could’ve been much better but I probably wouldn’t be able to write them myself.
- REREAD: The Deal by Elle Kennedy – This is pretty obvious right? One of my favorite books from one of my favorite series. I might re-read them all before the fourth book comes out.
- BURN: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – THIS IS SO PAINFUL! I would never burn this book, I enjoyed it so much but the other two books mean more to me. I’m sorry!
- REWRITE: The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan – Again, I loved this book! Great finale for a fantastic series in my opinion. But there were things I would’ve liked to seen more of and the ending was really bittersweet.
- REREAD: These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly – One of my favorite standalones of all time! It’s completely amazing and so underhyped. More people need to read this because it’s awesome and full of kick ass feminism and mystery and suspense!
- BURN: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa – Again this is one of those situations where I enjoyed all the books but this is the one that doesn’t have five stars. I liked it, it was a good beginning to a series and one that I enjoyed a whole lot. Just not up to par with the other two.
- REWRITE: Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr – I loved this book. One of the greatest finales I’ve ever read for a series. But it was so bittersweet. And quite a few things happened that I wasn’t expecting and a few made me really sad.
- REREAD: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas – This book was the turning point for the series and I’m pretty sure I’m going to reread it as soon as I buy them in hardcover. Which needs to happen. Really soon.
- BURN: Bad by Kelly Favor – This one is a no brainer. This was the first New Adult series I ever read and it set the bar really low. While it’s not a bad series, it’s generally too dramatic, overly saturated with unnecessary conflict and simple writing.
- REWRITE: Finding Paris by Joy Preble – I liked this book but I didn’t think it was the best way to execute it. I understand what the author was trying to do but it didn’t really come off very well. And the book had nothing to do with finding Paris. I mean, they found her, but that wasn’t thee point.
- REREAD: Doing It by Melvin Burgess – Loved this book! Totally hilarious account of sex basically by three different British boys. Yes, it’s crude but it’s honest and I found the slang really funny and entertaining. Need to reread this one soon.
- BURN: A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies – Again, for lack of a better choice. I actually really enjoyed this book and this trilogy. It surprised the heck out of me because I really wasn’t expecting much out of it. Check it out if you haven’t yet.
- REWRITE: The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen – Again, really enjoyed this book. I was captivated by the story and by the characters but I think there could’ve been some more explanation on the background of the world and of the characters’ relationships.
- REREAD: Soulless by Gail Carriger – I LOVE THIS BOOK! It was hilarious and entertaining and complex and interesting. I loved this series and I’m really looking forward to reading the series from her daughter’s point of view. And I hope to reread these books soon.
- BURN: Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson – Easy choice. Really did not like this book. The plot was dragged out unnecessarily, the main character was weak and annoying, the romance was quite creepy and the writing style was not for me. I don’t recommend it.
- REWRITE: The Fallen 3 by Thomas E. Sniegoski – I actually really liked this book and this series. However this is probably one of my least favorites out of the 5 volumes. This series is action packed and full of twists and turns but the later books are a lot more entertaining.
- REREAD: The Score by Elle Kennedy – Just like with The Deal, I love these books! This one is my favorite from the series so far. The main characters are hilarious, their chemistry is off the charts and so many crazy things are set up here for the next book! I need to reread this ASAP.
AND i tAG:
Reg @ She Latitude
Estefani @ Fiction Jungle
Anette @ Anette Reads
So that’s it for this tag! Let me know if you’ve read any of the books on my lists and if you would’ve picked the same choices as I have. If you’ve done this tag already, don’t worry about it. But if you haven’t and I didn’t tag you, feel free to say I did! Thanks so much for reading and I’ll see you on my next post!