I am here today to wrap up all the things I read, posted and accomplished in June. I’m a little disappointed with the amount of books I read this month. But I had a lot going on this month. I had to work two jobs for awhile and there’s been a few tough situations in life so I’m trying not to be too hard on myself. However, I kicked some serious butt that last week because I finished like four books in a row! But anyway, let me just talk about how I did.
SO let’s get started!
Books I Read
- The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater – I was a bit apprehensive when I started this book because there’s so much hype for this reason but I had no reason for it! The world building and writing style are so creepy and atmospheric. This is the kind of book that you have to go into accepting whatever happens as it is. And I really enjoyed the ride.
- Ink and Bone (The Great Library #1) by Rachel Caine – I got an ARC of the second book of this series from NetGalley and the amazing publicist for this author offered to give me access to the first one through NetGalley. I jumped at the chance because I was already going to read it and I really enjoyed it. The world building is definitely my favorite part. If you’d like to see my review, check the link below!
- The Blind Wish (The Jinni Wars #2) by Amber Lough – I was so disappointed in this book. I read the first one last year and it was amazing! I absolutely adored it. And I was so excited to finish the duology but it didn’t like up to my expectations. The world was still great but the characters annoyed me much more and the plot was really slow.
- The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater – If I thought the first book was great, it had nothing on this one! Everything is just so much more intense! The characters were explored so much more and while the plot can be confusing, there are so many connections between crazy things and it’s amazing.
- Paper and Fire (The Great Library #2) by Rachel Caine – I really enjoyed this book, things get so much more intense in this one. My favorite part of these books is the world building and it just gets more and more extensive at it goes on. If you’d like to see more of my thoughts, check out my review here!
- Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan – I really liked this book. It’s so nice to read from Percy’s point of view again and I really liked leaning more about the myths surrounding the Greek Heroes. I still liked the Greek Gods one a lot more but this is a good addition.
- The Long Game (The Fixer #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – Do yourself a favor and go get the two books of this series right now and binge read them. You will not regret it, I promise you! These books, specially the second one, are fast paced, political thrillers full of action and twists and turns. IT’S SO GOOD YOU GUYS!
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5) by J.K. Rowling – Considering how Goblet of Fire was a bit of a let down for me, I wasn’t sure how this book was going to go. But it was so good! Aldii and I didn’t read this one together because of her schedule last month, and it was a little weird to be reading by myself and not having her to bounce thoughts and theories off of. But I really enjoyed the development of the plot and finally being able to get some answers!
- Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms #2) by Morgan Rhodes – I read Falling Kingdoms in January and I have to say that I wasn’t that impressed. So much hype and I didn’t really see the appeal. But this book is so much better! I’m quite interested in the plot and how all the different players are doing but I’m not the biggest fan of the characters at the moment. Though, they’re much better than they were in the first book.
- Love Shack (Tiny Houses, Big Hearts #1) by Roxy Mews – Another one of the ARCs that I had for this month. I wasn’t really expecting much from this book but it wasn’t that bad. In general, a really cute, adult contemporary fiction book with a sweet premise yet predictable ending. Nice and quick read.
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater – Currently buddy reading this with Reg @ She Latitude and Estefani @ Fiction Jungle. We’re all at different parts but it’s been fun to talk about books with them. I’m halfway through and I’m still not sure how I feel about the story, it’s getting interesting though!
- The Loose Ends List by Carrie Firestone – Currently budding reading with Regina @ The Bibliotheque. We were really looking forward to this book but it’s definitely not turning out to be what we thought it was. We’re having some problems with it but we’re only halfway through so hopefully it will get better!
Posts I Shared
- Book Review – Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder
- Series Review – Scarlet Trilogy by A.C. Gaughen
- Series Review – Swoon Duology by Nina Malkin
- Book Review – Even If the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia
- ARC Review – And I Darken by Kiersten White
- ARC Review – Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
Tags And Awards
- BFF Book Tag
- Bookish Scenarios Tag
- Disney Book Tag
- The School Book Tag
- Dragon’s Loyalty Award
- The Music Tag
Top 5 Wednesday
- Jun. 8th – Favorite Character Names
- Jun. 15th – Favorite Fathers/Father Figures
- Jun. 22nd – Favorite Posts
- Jun. 29th – Settings You Want to See More Of
Waiting on Wednesday
Book Traveling Thursdays
- Jun. 2nd – Book You Wish You’d Read in Childhood
- Jun. 9th – World You Would Like to Live In
- Jun. 16th – Favorite Debut Novel
- Jun. 23rd – Book You Want to Read This Summer
- Jun. 30th – Favorite Book of the Year So Far
- Most Anticipated Summer Releases
- Looks on Books #5 – The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
- Sara 101: My Journey to University
- Freadom Speaks About Marathon Reading
- Potter Challenge: Which Wizarding School Do You Belong To?
- Monthly Obsessions #4
- Goodreads Reading Challenge – 68/120 Books (57%)
Ten more books completed for this challenge! I’m so proud of myself honestly, because usually June is a tough month for me even though I don’t know why and yet I kicked some butt this time! I didn’t read all the books I wanted to but I did read a lot of good ones and I’m happy.
- Read It While It’s Hot Challenge – 17/12 Books
I’ve been kicking butt in this challenge I think. I honestly didn’t think I was going to do so well because I still have 2015 that I haven’t read yet but I’ve read quite a few ARCs and I’ve read some of my most anticipated books as well!
- Potter Challenge – 5/7 Books
I’m really proud of myself for sticking with this challenge. It might not seem like a big deal to read one of these a month but I was always super apprehensive to even start this series and being so close to the end feels really good!
- 2016 Debut Author Challenge – 4/x Books
As I haven’t finished The Loose Ends List yet, I can’t add another book to this challenge. But you can bet that for next month there’ll be some improvement on this section!
- Finishing the Series Challenge – 8/x Series
Only managed to finish one series this month but that’s okay, because I’m still over my personal goal of 5 finished series and I still have the rest of the year to finish some more.
- Around the World Challenge 2016 – 54/x Places
I might have to give up on this challenge. It was super fun in the beginning but I’m not really conscious of it during the months, so toward the end I have to scramble to figure out where the settings of all the books I read where. It’s a hazzle and not as entertaining anymore.
So that’s it for this wrap up! Let me know if you’re read any of the books I mentioned above and what you thought of them! Thanks so much for reading and I’ll see you on my next post!