As you can see, it’s my birthday today!! I am officially twenty two years old. It’s absolutely mind blowing to me that I am not only an adult, but reaching my mid twenties. Where has the time gone honestly? I decided, as a way to kind of celebrate my birthday with you guys, to share some of the things that I’ve learned and the things I want to do before I turn another year older.
SO let’s get started!
22 Things I Learned Before Turning 22
22. Do what makes you happy, no matter what. Even if those things seem weird to other people
21. Try new things. Don’t turn down a new experience because of fear.
20. You have the power to say no. Not every experience is a necessary one, choose the ones you want.
19. Not everyone is meant to be in your life forever. It’s okay to let people go.
18. But everyone you encounter has something to teach you. Take it in, no matter what it is.
17. And you have something to teach everyone in your life. If you can, make it a good lesson.
16. Keep judgement to a minimum. Of other people, of their opinions, of their choices.
15. Be kind to yourself. Don’t judge yourself too harshly, you’re doing the best you can.
14. Celebrate your accomplishments. It’s okay to be proud of yourself!
13. Make the time to keep connections with the people that matter. You never know where life will take you, keep contact with those you love.
12. Love will come when you least expect it. And it won’t be in a romantic capacity necessarily.
11. Stick to your morals and desires. Don’t let people pressure you into something you know is not something you want.
10. Honestly is always the best policy. With the people around you but most importantly, with yourself.
9. Don’t feel guilty for your guilty pleasures. The things that make you happy are nothing to be ashamed of.
8. Making mistakes is okay! That’s the only way to learn.
7. It’s okay to feel the way you do about certain things. Your emotions are your own, accept them.
6. Positivity can always turn things around. Try to look on the bright side of problems, it might not be a solution but it does help improve your mood.
5. Be grateful for your blessings. Think less of what you don’t have and be more appreciative of what you do have.
4. Find your passion and pursue it. Do it with your entire heart and soul.
3. Always be yourself. There’s no one else you should rather be. And if you don’t know who that is, take the time to find out.
2. It doesn’t matter if that person isn’t the same as everyone else. Be weird. The people who are like you will find you. You’ll belong somewhere.
1. Be patient. Things will come to life when you’re ready for them, not when you want them.
23 Things To Do Before Turning 23
1. Use my extensive collection of jewelry.
2. Keep reading constantly.
3. Go on a weekend beach trip.
4. Own a Funko Pop!
5. Learn how to speak Italian.
6. Reunite with my boxes of books.
7. Get my first tattoo.
8. Go on a road trip, no matter how small.
9. Visit a dance club.
10. Get drunk for the first and only time.
11. Learn how to apply and wear makeup.
12. Visit another country, one completely new.
13. Be part of a squad.
14. Go to a book festival.
15. Meet an author.
16. Sign up for a dance class.
17. Practice singing again, maybe join a choir.
18. Begin classes at a university.
20. Visit my dad’s house more often.
21. Reconnect with my brother.
22. Ride a horse again.
23. Fall in love.
So that’s it for this post! I hope you liked it. I would love to know what you think of my lessons learned and all my goals for my next year! I want to mention that my lovely friend Abby also made a video celebrating her 22nd birthday too and it definitely urged me to share this idea. Check out her video here! Do you guys have any new year goals after your birthdays? Thanks so much for reading and I’ll see you on my next post!