It’s officially the first of December but I am here today to wrap up all the things I read, posted and accomplished in November. I didn’t have the best reading month this month. I was really disappointed with myself because it’s the first month where I didn’t really manage to read up to a double digit number of books. And a lot of them were kind of meh. However, I loved some as well! And now let’s just chat about my month, shall we?
SO let’s get started!
This month has been very emotional for me. I am in general a very emotional person but this one in particular has hit me really hard. We’re nearing the end of the year and unfortunately, the plans I had for my future fell through. I’ve been a little lost and scared and worried about what is next for me and my life. There’s a lot that I want to do but it’s really hard for me to have faith in the grand design and to know that when one door closes, another opens, even if it’s not to where I expected to go. I’m trying to keep a proactive and open mind about the future but I suffer from anxiety and depression and it has been hard this month to focus on the positives and on my blessings. However, I feel like I’m getting better every day and I hope to be able to share good news with all of you soon.
Books I Read
- All Fall Down (Embassy Row #1) by Ally Carter – I was really excited to read this book because Carter is one of my favorite authors. But it wasn’t as good as I expected, or it’s more like it was different than I thought it would be. It’s very different than her other books, it’s a lot more psychologically driven than her other books. I enjoyed reading it but it was also kind of confusing and the narrator was unreliable. I’m looking forward to see more of the series.
- Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) by Richelle Mead I was actually really disappointed with this sequel. The first time I read VA, I loved it and I re-read it in 2015 and enjoyed it but right off the bat, this book annoyed me. The prologue is written so weakly and almost like a cop out. Though this is actually a re-read as well, I also wasn’t that surprised over what happened. I hope the series improves though.
- The Blazing Star by Imani Josey – This is an ARC that I got from NetGalley which I buddy read with my friend Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews. We were both super excited for it but it was a bit of a let down. There was a lot going on and I spent most of the time confused about what I was reading. I loved the diversity in the cast and setting, but the book felt too long and again, I was really confused the whole time.
- Blood for Blood (Wolf by Wolf #2) by Ryan Graudin – THIS WAS SO GOOD! Reg and I buddy read this together (sort of) and we both loved it to pieces. This is the sequel to Wolf by Wolf and though it’s a little slower and much more intense and emotional, it still had the action packed, stress and nerve inducing plot. These characters (most of them) are in my heart forever and I love them to pieces. The ending was so bittersweet but I can’t wait to read more from this author.
- Hex Hall (Hex Hall #1) by Rachel Hawkins – This is also another re-read for me. I read this I think in middle school and my best friend continued with the series when I didn’t which weird since I’m the bookworm. It was really fun to read this book again, it’s one of those lighthearted paranormal books. Everything was predictable (obviously) but I still had a great time while reading and I’m looking forward to seeing how the series continues.
- All In (The Naturals #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – I’ve been talking nonstop about this series since I started it and I’m definitely not going to stop any time soon. IT’S JUST SO FREAKING GOOD! The characters, the plot, the writing style, the twists and turns, it’s all amazing and kick ass and it keeps me on the edge of my seat. I’m pretty sure I could’ve read all of them in one sitting if I didn’t read multiple books at once. If you haven’t started this series yet, PLEASE DO IT!
- Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3) by Richelle Mead – I managed to continue reading this series despite my disappointment with the second book, but I enjoyed this one a lot more. It was another re-read and I remember that this one is the last one I read the first time. The ending pissed me off and I just didn’t continue and I almost want to do it again, because it’s like the most heart wrenching twist but I’m gonna keep going and see what happens.
- A Million Worlds with You (Firebird #3) by Claudia Gray – I love this series, it’s so good! I had no idea what to expect from this book and how things were going to wrap up and I definitely could not have imagined everything that happened in this book. This whole book was intense and a crazy ride. I was a bit let down with the ending because it was a bit too easy, but I love the epilogue and how much growth all the characters went through in this adventure. I miss them already.
- Demonglass (Hex Hall #2) by Rachel Hawkins – I’m really glad that I started re-reading and continuing with this series because this book definitely stepped it up a notch. This one is a lot more serious and intense and powerful, though the main character keeps the humor and sarcasm going. It was great to learn more about the history of the magic and to learn more about the different kinds of magical things you can do. That ending was crazyy and I’m definitely finishing this series like ASAP because I need to know what happens!
- Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer – I am currently reading this book, I’m about a quarter of the way through. I really wanted to be able to call this one complete at the end of this month but it’s gonna be one of the first books I finish next month.
- Prudence (The Custard Protocol #1) by Gail Carriger – I am also a quarter of the way into this book. However, for this one, I had no illusions of finishing it before the month ended but I wanted to make sure to start it for next month because I’ve been putting it off too long!
Posts I Shared
- Book Review – Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
- ARC Review – Dead Girls Society by Michelle Krys
- Book Review – Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger
- Book Review – Ice Massacre by Tiana Warner
- ARC Review – Ice Crypt by Tiana Warner
- Book Review – Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger
- Book Review – Manners & Mutiny by Gail Carriger
Tags And Awards
- Great British Bake Off Book Tag
- How to Train Your Dragon Book Tag
- The Entertainer Blogger Award
- A Long Time Ago, In a Land Far, Far Away Book Tag
- The Anonymous Bookaholics Tag
- The New York Times ‘By the Book’ Tag
- Fall Activities Book Tag
Top 5 Wednesday
- Nov. 9th – Characters You Used to Love But Don’t Anymore
- Nov. 16th – Favorite Publishers
- Nov. 23rd – Books I Want to Re-Read
- Nov. 30th – Favorite Villains
Waiting on Wednesday
Book Traveling Thursdays
- Nov. 10th – Book Someone Recommended That You Loved
- Nov. 17th – Book Written by An Author From a Country You Don’t Read That Often
- Nov. 24th – Book You’re Thankful You’ve Read
- November ’16 TBR – Vampires Theme
- Sara 101: My Reading Habits
- Freadom Speaks about Reviews and How They Affect Our Thoughts on Books
- Monthly Obsessions #9
- Goodreads Reading Challenge – 126/120 Books (105%)
I FINISHED MY GOODREADS CHALLENGE! YAY! I’m super proud of myself, not only for finishing it but also for doing it early. Now I can feel super cool next month while reading and just not worry about what the overall number will be, although knowing me I’ll still care haha.
- Read It While It’s Hot Challenge – 41/12 Books
I am so so happy with this number. Honestly, my 2016 releases shelf looks so much better than the 2015 one because I’m taking the time to read the 2016 that I anticipate and that I’m excited for instead of just letting me pass me by. I only have two more scheduled for next month but who knows? haha
- 2016 Debut Author Challenge – 9/x Books
This is the only challenge where I’m not doing my best. I add a lot of debut books on my TBR every single month but I always end up getting distracted by my unfinished series list. That’s not so bad because I’m kicking ass in that challenge but I really want to make a better effort on this challenge if I do it again.
- Finishing the Series Challenge – 19/5 Series
Yay for me! I don’t want to sound conceited but again, I’m really proud of myself and how I’ve done with this challenge. I’ve made it a priority to finish that huge amount of series that I have unfinished (over 60 guys) and while I add more every day, at least I’m working to keep the numbers at an okay level haha.
So that’s it for this post! I would love to know how your November was and if you read any books that really knocked your socks off! I can’t believe we’re already on the first day of December, 2016 flew by and while I’m kind of scared of the upcoming year, I hope 2017 will be better. Thanks so much for reading and I’ll see you on my next post!