February has been filled with nostalgia and sadness mixed with hope and excitement. I’m a walking ball of nerves and anxiety guys and it’s not gonna get better until I’m on the other side of March 3rd. Besides that, I’ve managed to read a bit this month. The last few weeks got super hectic and my reading slowed down because of that and it kind of sucked honestly. But I read a lot of books that I enjoyed and I can’t wait to tell you about them!
SO let’s get started!
So I mentioned this above but I’ve been dealing with anxiety a lot this month. It’s not as bad as January was (thank God) because that was absolutely awful for me. This month I got to see my psychologist again which has been such a help for me. I’m really nervous about traveling and about moving in general. I know it’s the right decision for me right now and it’s gonna be so much easier on me, but I’m still super nostalgic about leaving VZLA behind and really nervous about leaving my family here. I am trying to keep a positive attitude though! Don’t worry about me guys haha. Also I just want to say that I really hate packing. It’s awful and really stressful.
Books I Read
- Forest of Ruin (Age of Legends #3) by Kelley Armstrong – I finally finished this series! It took me a lot longer than I expected. I’ve been wanting to read more of this author’s work and I’m glad I finally got to this series, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I wanted to. This third book is the best one out of all of them and the series got better as it went on. I have series review that I’ll link below if you’d like to see it!
- The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns #2) by Rae Carson – I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES. Guys, I’m not kidding when I say this series is now a new favorite. It’s the perfect High Fantasy for me, it has everything I look for in a book from my favorite genre. It’s action packed, with political intrigue, a giant and interesting world and magic system and sooo much character development. PLEASE READ IT.
- Crystal Storm (Falling Kingdoms #5) by Morgan Rhodes – I was so disappointed in this book, guys. I started this series feeling kind of meh, but progressively it got better and better. I was really looking forward to reading this new installment but it fell so flat for me. There was no real plot, the characters were almost overly dramatic (something I thought was improving), and there were a lot of new additions to the plot that felt unnecessary. I’m not apprehensive about the last book, I really hope it’s good.
- Night Study (Soulfinders #2, Chronicles of Ixia #8) by Maria V. Snyder – You should all just stop taking my ratings for this seriously because I’m a sucker for it. I know I’m gonna rate it 5 stars as soon as I go in so maybe don’t believe me. I am totally in love with this series, it’s action packed, entertaining and the characters just get better and better (specially now since they’re all adults). I do have to say that there’s a part of this series that bothers me in the way it deals with a certain character and his connection with the magic system and I’ll talk about it more in my review.
- See How They Run (Embassy Row #2) by Ally Carter – I’m disappointed with this series. Ally Carter is one of my favorite authors and while I love her older series, this one is a lot different. This is a darker thriller and deals with mysteries and secrets. There’s not much of a plot in this book and while I enjoyed reading it, nothing really changed from the first book. I liked learning more about the setting and the culture of it but it wasn’t enough to love it.
- Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman – I was lucky enough to be able to not only receive an ARC of this book from the author but also to be able to read it with my best blogging friend, Fadwa @ Word Wonders. We had such a great time reading and we loved chatting about it together. I really enjoyed this book and I can’t wait to share my thoughts with you guys!
- The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) by Rae Carson – THIS SERIES IS SO FREAKING GOOD. I know I’ve been raving about it for a while now and you might be tired of it but I really just want everyone to read this amazing series. This last book is actually one of the best finales I’ve ever read. Everything I wanted to happen did and so much more than I was expecting. The ending was beautiful and amazing and just so perfect for the series!
- Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate – I have to say that I was kind of disappointed when I first started this book. It took me awhile to get into it, I was halfway through and I was really freaking bored. The second half was a lot better and I liked what the author tried to do with the story and how everything turned out. I have an ARC of her next book and I hope I enjoy that one a lot more.
- Done Dirt Cheap by Sarah Nicole Lemon – I’m almost done with this ARC and yet I can’t tell you how I feel about it. There’s a lot of things that I’ve enjoyed about it and there are other things that I’m just meh about? I don’t know, I’ll see how the end is and I’ll obviously write a review and tell you all about it.
- The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour – I’ve been wanting to read this book for a really long time. Everything Leads to You by this same author is one of my favorite books of all time and I’ve wanted to read more from her since I read it. I’m halfway through and unfortunately, I am not enjoying it as much as I hope I would. It’s an interesting premise but things are just kind of weird right now. We’ll see.
- Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) by Maggie Stiefvater – I started this book a lot later than I was expecting to. The last few weeks of the month got super full on me and I’m only a quarter through. I want to try to finish it within these few days because I’m taking Sinner (the fourth book) on my plane ride since I have it in physical and I hope to read it while on the plane.
Posts I Shared
- ARC Review – The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro
- Book Review – The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
- ARC Review – the princess saves herself in this one by Amanda Lovelace
- Series Review – Age of Legends by Kelley Armstrong
Tags And Awards
Top 5 Wednesday
Book Traveling Thursdays
- February ’17 TBR – Realistic Fiction Theme
- Looks on Books #13 – Jackaby by William Ritter
- Freadom Recs: High Fantasy
- Sara 101: I’m Moving!
- Monthly Obsessions #12
- Goodreads Reading Challenge – 18/50 (36%)
I don’t know why I thought I was gonna read a lot slower this year because so far, I’m pretty much averaging the same as last year. However, I’m moving in three days and I didn’t read as much as I was hoping to this month so I think my reading will slow down even more.
- Read It While It’s Hot Challenge – 6/50
I feel like 6 is a good number for this challenge since I’m only two months in. I haven’t been able to read all the releases that I’ve anticipated but I hope to catch up towards the end of the year.
- 2017 Debut Author Challenge – 2/12
I need to step up my game with this challenge. I continually pick new books to read for it but I never manage to get to them in the month. But it’s super important for me to give debut authors the attention they deserve so hopefully I’ll get better!
- Finishing the Series Challenge – 2/30
Yay! I’m so proud of myself for this even though 2 isn’t that big of a number, I didn’t finish any series in January. One of them is one of my favorites of all time now and I need everyone to love it!
- Read Like a Grown Up Challenge – 1/12
No progress in this one this month because I didn’t have time to get to P.S. I Love You and I wasn’t that excited for it when it came down to it. Hopefully next month is better!
- Stand With the Loners Challenge – 4/12
One more standalone to add to this challenge for February! But it’s gonna be much more considering the books that I’m still currently reading so I’m feeling okay with this number.
- Catch Up with the Release – 8/24
This one is doing so well too! I’m reading much more 2016 releases than I am 2015 but I’m still reading a bunch for this challenge so I’m feeling pretty great.
So that’s it for this post! I’m starting to come to terms with reading less than I want to. I’m such a perfectionist that I push myself beyond where I should to be able to do the things I want to do but I’m learning this year specially that it’s okay to take time away from things that I can’t handle at the moment. I’m learning to put my health first and I hope that continues to become a bigger priority for me because it hasn’t been. Let me know how your month went guys and if you can, tell me something happy that happened to you or that you experience this month :). Thanks so much for reading and I’ll see you on my next post!