I think I can honestly say that June has been my worst blogging month so far this year. Maybe May was a bit worse but definitely not by much. I am trying not to drown in life but it’s hard guys. Lots of things are happening in the real world and keeping up with my online world has become harder and harder. But I will not give up! I will find a way to do all the blogging that I want as well as my life stuff. Let me tell you all about the stuff that happened this month.
SO let’s get started!
Guys… I have some news! I am finally registered for my first semester of college! I’m literally terrified to start but I’m kind of happy that I have managed to start doing what I came back to the US to do. I hope that I do well in the class, so wish me luck if you can! Also, I’m probably moving in with my best friend at some point. That’s really exciting and fun. She’s amazing and I’m so grateful that we picked our friendship up so easily. I’m a little nervous about being on my own for the first time. Even now, I live with an established adult who knows how to adult and that’s awesome! My best friend knows how to adult pretty well but I’m still scrambling to figure it out so it’s a bit nerve wracking to move (again) but we’ll see what happens!
Library Book Haul
Books I Read
- Shelter the Sea (The Roosevelt #2) by Heidi Cullinan – I got to read this book with two lovely people in my life, my book club people, who I am so incredibly grateful for! We read the first book of this series together and we all agree that this one was so much better! I kind of want there to be more books so we can continue having permanent books to read together haha.
- Shadow and Bone (Shadow and Bone #1) by Leigh Bardugo – I FINALLY DID IT! After months of placing this book on my TBR, I finally started reading it and finished it this month. I liked it, I think the hype made it seem much more than it was but I enjoyed the experience. The magic system is a little confusing for me but I liked the writing style and I can’t wait to see what happens next.
- The Understatement of the Year (The Ivy Years #3) by Sarina Bowen – I have to say that I’m glad that I’ve continued this series but this has to be my least favorite book so far. I liked the characters and the premise of the story but there was much more angst and drama than I particularly enjoy with my NA books. The resolution was too quick in my opinion but I liked it okay.
- The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo #2) by Rick Riordan – I am still struggling a bit with this series. There’s something about Apollo’s point of view that still gets on my nerves. I enjoy myself while I read it, I like seeing all the cameos from past characters and the plot is really exciting. I just don’t laugh out loud as much because of the way Apollo is in this series. But I can’t wait to see what happens next.
- The Dire King (Jackaby #4) by William Ritter – I got to read a sneak peek of this book this month! I’m so excited to get to the whole thing. This series is one of my favorites and each book gets better and better. The plot sounds really intense and interesting and the first chapters already kick off with a bang.
- Dreamland Burning by Jennifer Latham – Now onto the books that I’m currently reading. This is the one that I’m probably going to finish ASAP. If any black bloggers or reviewers have read this book, I’d love to see your thoughts. I’m enjoying the story but it’s about the Tulsa race riots of 1921 which is an incredibly sensitive and still unclear topic. I would love to know how other people feel about the rep and historical aspects of this book.
- Now I Rise (The Conqueror’s Saga #2) by Kiersten White – Guys, I thought the first book in this series was just okay and while I really want to say that it’s getting better, I can’t. I’m hating this book so much. I’m halfway through, trying to reach the third quarter mark and it’s such a struggle. The points of views are all focused on single minded things, things that I don’t care about much and I wish the story was about the history more than the characters. Yes, I said that, that should tell you something.
- Maid of Wonder (Maids of Honor #3) by Jennifer McGowan – Another historical fiction book. I’ve been a fan of this series since I started it but each book is getting a little bit less fun to read. This one has intense instalove which is getting on my nerves. But I’m loving the plot aspect of the book and I really want to see what happens next.
- Ash and Quill (The Great Library #3) by Rachel Caine – Again, another series that I really enjoyed in the beginning but I’m not liking this finally as much. I like the plot but there were some scenes that were unnecessary and not that well handled and I can’t really recommend this book broadly because of that. I still have a long way to go to finish so we’ll see what happens.
Posts I Shared
- Book Review – The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
- Book Review – Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven
- Book Review – A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
- Book Review – The Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen
- Book Review – The Year We Hid Away by Sarina Bowen
Top 5 Wednesday
Book Traveling Thursdays
- June ’17 TBR – Pirates Theme
- Most Anticipated Summer Releases
- Looks on Books #17 – Luck on the Line by Zoraida Cordova
- Monthly Obsessions #15
- Goodreads Reading Challenge – 49/75 (65%)
Almost reached the reading challenge that I had before which was 50 books. I probably could’ve if I didn’t go out as much as I did this month but I’m still ahead of schedule so it’s all good!
- Read It While It’s Hot Challenge – 16/50
Doing good with this one too! The library has really helped me to get to the releases that I want to reach every month. Didn’t do as much as I wanted to this month but I’m chugging along!
- 2017 Debut Author Challenge – 3/12
No debuts this month. I feel really bad about this challenge so I’m going to try to get some done!
- Finishing the Series Challenge – 7/30
No new series finished this month but next month will have a few so I’m okay with this one haha.
- Read Like a Grown Up Challenge – 3/12
None in this one either. But I will start more adult books! I am going to make myself do it!
- Stand With the Loners Challenge –11/12
I’M SO CLOSE TO THIS BEING COMPLETED! Why didn’t I notice this and read a standalone this month?!
- Catch Up with the Release Challenge – 16/24
Nothing in this either. Damn I didn’t do so well this month, guys haha.
So that’s it for this post! I will come back to 100% at some point this year. I’m doing my best and I’m so grateful and thankful to everyone who has stuck around. If you didn’t know, I started posting sort of consistently on my bookstagram so if you’d like to see more photos like my Library one above, follow me! The link is on the right side of this blog. Thanks so much for reading and I’ll see you on my next post!