I have to admit it. I didn’t want to but I think it’s time. I’m in a reading slump. This has been the worst reading month I’ve had since I started blogging and I think it has a lot to do with the particular books that I was reading. Also, my birthday was this month and I started my new job so that kept me busy a lot. I have recently started dating and that idiot takes up a lot of my time as well so I haven’t been reading as much. I hope August is a better reading month for me.
SO let’s get started!
I feel like I’ve talked about myself more than I’ve shared blog posts this entire month so maybe you all know what has been happening in my life recently. I’m really excited for all the new adventures and journeys that I’m embarking on in the upcoming month. I’m really nervous about it all but I hope everything turns out well.
Library Book Haul
Books I Read
- Maid of Wonder (Maids of Honor #3) by Jennifer McGowan – I was really looking forward to reading this book because I wanted this series to end on a good note but it just wasn’t as good as I was expecting. I liked the way the plot continued from the first two books but the romance moved too fast and the main character’s point of view was really naive.
- Duels and Deception by Cindy Anstey – I was interested in this book because of the cute cover and I liked it. It was just kind of cute and adorable in my opinion. The mystery was really interesting and not easy to figure out. However, there was nothing really mind blowing about the story or that made me fall in love with it completely.
- Dreamland Burning by Jennifer Latham – It took me 56 days to read this book. I started it as a library book then a Kindle book until finally being able to finish it two days ago. I was really enjoying it as I was reading but I don’t feel like I was ready for a lot of the graphic content that was in the middle of the book. I think the ending of the book was amazing and part of me wants to rave about it, but I’d love to know what some black bloggers think about this book.
- Now I Rise (The Conqueror’s Saga #2) by Kiersten White – This is the book responsible for my reading slump. I feel bad for saying so but I dreaded picking this up constantly. I hated it. Honestly, I kind of regretted requesting this ARC as soon as I got accepted because I didn’t love the first book and this one was just as slow and even more boring.
- Ash & Quill (The Great Library #3) by Rachel Caine – I’m currently reading this book. I’ve been looking forward to this ARC for awhile but I’m not feeling it at the moment. I don’t know if it’s the slump or the book but I haven’t wanted to pick it up recently. Hopefully I can finish it soon.
- Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2) by Victoria Schwab – I’m currently reading this book with my book club friends. This is the only book right now that I’m into and that’s because it’s from my favorite author. I’m preparing to have my heart ripped out and stomped on haha.
Posts I Shared
- Book Review – The Understatement of the Year by Sarina Bowen
- Book Review – The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan
- Book Review – Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
Top 5 Wednesday
- July ’17 TBR – Travel Theme
- Looks on Books #18 – The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
- Sara 101: My Go-To Apps
- Monthly Obsessions #16
- Goodreads Reading Challenge – 53/75 (71%)
- Read It While It’s Hot Challenge – 19/50
- 2017 Debut Author Challenge – 3/12
- Finishing the Series Challenge – 7/30
- Read Like a Grown Up Challenge – 3/12
- Stand With the Loners Challenge –13/12
- Catch Up with the Release Challenge – 17/24
So that’s it for this post! I decided to take away the commentary on that last section cause it takes me a bit more to write and I think you all understand what those numbers mean haha. I really hope that next month is gonna be a better reading month for me, even though it’s gonna be super busy as well. Let me know what you’re all reading right now! Thanks so much for reading and I’ll see you on my next post!