I can’t believe I’ve found some time this month to get this post done and published. I am just as surprised as you guys are haha. I miss doing this so much! I feel like a part of myself is missing since I haven’t had the time to blog or blog hop in such a long time. I hope someone out there still cares about my thoughts on books.
SO let’s get started!
I started classes in August for my fall semester so I’ve been incredibly busy. I also had a super busy last two months and my life has been a crazy up and down roller coaster. However, I was really surprised that in July (which is the month I had the freest) I didn’t read anything at all and yet in August, I managed to devour 5 books which is the most I’ve read in a long time. I’m still trying to keep that pace going so hopefully I’ll read a few books in September.
Library Book Haul
August (Not Pictured: Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli)
Books I Read
- The Case for Jamie (Charlotte Holmes #3) by Brittany Cavallaro – This is one of my favorite current series and I think this is my favorite one in the series so far. Each book is a little different and the characters are so complex and intricate that you get sucked into their thoughts right away. I am so excited to see where the last book is going to take us.
- Bruja Born (Brooklyn Brujas #2) by Zoraida Cordova – THIS IS AN AMAZING BOOK AND YOU SHOULD ALL READ IT! It took me forever to finish this book, not because it’s not the most awesome sequel to ever sequel, but because I had so much going on in my life. But as soon as I finished it, I wanted it to re-read it. I am so excited to read the last book and to own them all and hopefully, we’ll get some cool extra books like HP and Percy Jackson have!
- Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood #2) by Becky Albertalli – I am so disappointed to say that I did not like this book at all. I was so looking forward to reading this as I really enjoyed Simon vs. but it just didn’t do it for me. The romance was incredibly underdeveloped, the main character does some awful things and is never meant to apologize for it and the ending was rushed and felt empty. I read this with my lovely friend Fadwa @ Word Wonders and unfortunately, we both had the same thoughts. Make sure to check out her review!
- Little Do We Know by Tamara Ireland Stone – Stone wrote one of my favorite books of all time, Every Last Word, so I was really looking forward to reading more of her YA repertoire. This book was really interesting as it had a dual point of view. Also, there were a lot of great themes and discussions involved. It wasn’t as impactful for me as I was hoping but it was still a great read!
- Allied (Ruined #3) by Amy Tintera – I’m so sad this trilogy is over!! It has been the most amazing ride. I love all the characters and the whole journey they’ve gone through. I almost wanna go back and re-read it all from the beginning so I can sink into it the whole story. It’s just great, go read it!
Posts I Shared
- Goodreads Reading Challenge – 37/75 (49%)
- Read It While It’s Hot Challenge – 9/12
- Finishing the Series Challenge – 7/20
- Read Like a Grown Up Challenge – 5/12
- Stand With the Loners Challenge – 11/12
- Catch Up with the Release Challenge – 22/36
So that’s it for this post! I just wanted to mention that if you like any of the pictures above, they are all from my Instagram. I’ve been working really hard on my photography and being consistent with posting there (at least I can manage that there) so I’d love it if you checked it out. Link is on the right side of my blog! Thanks so much for reading this little bitty post! I’ll see you on my next post!