It has been seven months since I last posted on this blog. That sounds really bad, BUT! The time before that, it had been a year since I post it so I call that progress my friends! I am here today to share another wrap up with you since it’s been such a long time. I am currently quarantined as I’m sure most of us are, but because of that, I’ve been able to read a lot more than I have in the last few years. With that said, I wanted to let you all know that I’m gonna try to post monthly wrap ups here and maybe a review of two, but I don’t think I’ll have the time to really engage fully with this platform of mine. I’m looking for a happy medium with another place where I’ve been able to be more consistent and I will keep ya’ll up to date if you’d like to continue to hear my bookish thoughts!
SO let’s get started!
I’ve been in a jumble of thoughts for the past three weeks, to be honest. This quarantine has been super hard for me, as I’m sure it’s been hard for many of you as well. I’ve struggled a lot with my mental health, with keeping my patience, with accepting who is truly my friend and how strong I really am to push through anyway. I’ve been able to fall into my love of reading again, diving into reading books for fun and not just the ones for school haha. That’s still going on and it has been hard adjusting but I’m kinda of glad to have some sort of normalcy still around to keep my engaged in life. I hope you are all doing well within these circumstances. From the bottom of my heart, I am eternally grateful for my online bookish friends for their love, support, and kindness. I want you all to know that I am so grateful for the relationships we’ve built together over the years. Even though they may have fizzled during my absence, I am here for each and everyone of you whenever and however you need me <3.
Library Book Haul
Books I Read
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan – Re-read! In the middle of 2019, I was losing reading momentum so I decided to re-read some of my favorite books, starting with Percy Jackson and the Olympians! I had recently bought it so I jumped completely in with two feet and it was the best decision I’ve made that year. Love this series just as much as I did the first time reading!
- The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2) by Rick Riordan – Re-read! I think this is my favorite out of the original series because I find it the most entertaining. There’s definitely a lot more international traveling which I particularly enjoy in this series. And honestly, I love anything to do with the sea! So this was great!
- The Titan’s Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3) by Rick Riordan – Re-read! My memory is failing me on my specific thoughts but y’all know how much I love this series and this is the second time reading it and I love it just the same!
- The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4) by Rick Riordan – Re-read! There’s something about Uncle Rick’s fourth books that always get to me. This is the toughest one emotionally for me to get through in the original series and the second time around wasn’t any easier.
- The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5) by Rick Riordan – Re-read! Great finale! I love how high the stakes are and how those come through even though its devastating. This finale is what made me so excited to know that there was another series coming right after it and I re-read that last year too!
- The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus #1) by Rick Riordan – Re-read! Obviously, as you can see, I went on a roll with the Rick Riordan backlist haha. It was definitely great to re-read this series as well. The first time I read this book, I was upset that Percy and Annabeth were gone, but the second time around, I’ve fallen in love with the whole cast so it’s like getting a hug!
- The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus #2) by Rick Riordan – Re-read! The return of Percy! I think this book and the Mark of Athena are tied for my favorites of this series. I love seeing Percy again and completely fell in love with the Roman camp and everyone in it. I think this book really set up the plot of the whole series and it’s super great!
- The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #3) by Rick Riordan – Re-read! Like I said above, this is definitely a contender for favorite in this series. I loved reading from Annabeth’s perspective and seeing her kill it in a solo mission! She’s one of my favorite characters from this whole franchise and the focus on her for this one makes it one of the best ones!
- The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus #4) by Rick Riordan – Re-read! I definitely think this was much more painful the second time around haha. This particular book is not for the faint of heart, y’all. I didn’t cry this time which was good! But it was still hard to get through.
- The Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus #5) by Rick Riordan – Re-read! I freaking LOVE this finale. I think it’s his best one so far. All the characters, the twists and turns, the drama and the flirting! If you’re a die hard fan, then you know exactly what flirting I’m talking about haha. Though the end is definitely rude as hell, knowing the overall story kept going and knowing what happened was much more comforting.
- The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1) by Rick Riordan – Re-read! I think I definitely enjoyed this book a little bit more the second time around. Apollo has a very annoying voice in this one and it got on my nerves really quick the first time I read it, but it was easier to deal with since I expected it. This second read made it more enjoyable and I could appreciate some of the foreshadowing more!
- The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo #2) by Rick Riordan – Re-read! Last one I need to remember the plot for before I could continue with this series. I feel like my feelings on this book didn’t change that much from the first read to the second. I’m entertained, I love seeing the cameos throughout but Apollo’s voice is definitely one that has to be accustomed to. I know why he is the way he is, but I’m starting to get tired of it haha.
- As Kismet Would Have It (Dimple and Rishi #1.5) by Sandhya Menon – I saw that this ebook was .99 cents and I jumped on it because I loveeee Dimple and Rishi! I definitely wanted to know more about their love story since I read the first book and this was exactly what I wanted to know. Just as cute, just as entertaining and just as lovable as the original book!
- There’s Something about Sweetie (Dimple and Rishi #2) by Sandhya Menon – Around this time, I finally got my hands on Overdrive! I added my library card to the app and went CRAZY with requesting books! And since I’d just bought the ebook above, this was the first book that I requested and read. I absolutely loved it! There’s something about Sandhya’s books that just make me fall in love completely and be on a happiness high. Can’t wait to read the last book in this series!
- Brooklynaire (Brooklyn #1) by Sarina Bowen – So on my Overdrive shopping spree haha, I also got caught up in catching up with my old unfinished series. This is one that was continued from a previous one that I really enjoyed. I definitely have a weakness for sports romances. This one is all about office romance, billionaire falling in love with his right hand woman and because I’d seen the characters before, I enjoyed the crap out of it! haha.
- Overnight Sensation (Brooklyn #2) by Sarina Bowen – Continuing with my Overdrive obsession and my need to finish series, I kept going with this one. I think this one is my favorite of the series! There is a latinx love interest/main character and the connection that the protagonists have is so beautiful. Honestly, there’s a lot of intense things within this book and to someone else they might feel over the top, but it just made the book that much better for me!
- Super Fan (Brooklyn #3) by Sarina Bowen – Last of this series currently published! This one was kind of cute but also a little bit farfetched. It’s about a fan falling in love with a famous artist but they have a small but sweet history. It was really adorable and gave me all the right feels, but it could definitely seem out of the real realm of possibilities haha. I can’t wait to see how the last book in the series turns out!
- Hired (Happy Endings #2) by Zoey Castile – So happy to read this book! I read the first one in July of 2019 and really enjoyed it. The second one was also really good! I enjoyed the dynamics between these two main characters much more than the first book. The setting, the romance and the drama was all perfectly well balanced to take me on a great ride!
- Little White Lies (Debutantes #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – Re-read! I decided to re-read this book because I freaking love it and I wanted to finish the duology since the second book came out in 2019. This was just as good as the first time around. The plot is fast paced, mysterious and entertaining. Obviously, I knew the twists and turns but that didn’t stop them from still making my jaw drop! haha
- The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo #3) by Rick Riordan – This is the first time that I feel really engaged in the Apollo series. The first few books, like I mentioned above, were good but not as entertaining as the original two series. However, this book was great! I feel like I’m finally becoming more comfortable with Apollo’s voice and the plot is picking up momentum and I’m excited to see how the series ends!
- Goodreads Reading Challenge – 30/30 (100%)
- Read It While It’s Hot Challenge – 4/12
- Finishing the Series Challenge – 1/12
- Read Like a Grown Up Challenge – 12/12
- Stand With the Loners Challenge – 6/12
- Catch Up with the Release Challenge – 7/25
- Goodreads Reading Challenge – 16/30 (53%)
- Read It While It’s Hot Challenge – 0/12
- Finishing the Series Challenge – 2/12
So that’s it for this post! I hope all of you are doing okay. I am so thankful for anyone who is still giving this little blog some attention. I hope to be able to post a little bit more every month, at least wrap ups! haha. I’d love to know what ya’ll think about my reading these last few months and I promise I’ll be back in a week with another wrap up for April! 🙂