I am so excited to be here for another monthly wrap up! I hope you are all doing well and that your reading was great this past month. In comparison to how much I’ve been reading the last few months (besides July), this month was pretty slow. But August was a busy month for me so I’m okay with the smaller amount of books.
SO let’s get started!
August was a blur for me. I honestly don’t remember what I did most of the month at this moment, except for preparing for the start of my semester and moving into a new place. It is definitely pretty stressful to have both of those things happening at the same time. I had a lot of things to organize for my new space as well as for my new classes so that definitely took a lot of my time. I am hoping the rest of the month will be much smoother, but I’ll make sure to let ya’ll know how it goes next month!
Library Book Haul
Books I Read
- The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #2) by Rick Riordan – This series is definitely not as enjoyable for me as the other Riordan ones I’ve read. However, it still is entertaining and it’s super interesting to know more about Norse mythology beyond what I know from like Marvel movies haha. I found the introduction of Alex as a character to be super interesting and I really want to see more from them!
- 10 Things I Hate About Pinky (Dimple and Rishi #3) by Sandhya Menon – I’ve been a HUGE fan of this companion series since the first book came out. I’ve been waiting for this final book for a really long time and it was just as good as I thought it was going to be! I think haters to lovers is one of my favorite tropes at this point and it is so freaking entertaining in this book! Will most likely re-read them all soon!
- The Dare (Briar U #4) by Elle Kennedy – Finally finished this series as well! It’s the companion to one of my favorite New Adult series but I feel like this finale wasn’t as good as I wanted it to be. I liked the characters but I felt like the premise and the way the plot played out was okay, nothing to write home about. Just a quick, semi enjoyable read.
- Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers #1) by Penny Reid – I’ve always wanted to give this series a try because I find the title to be hilarious and it always intrigued me. My presumptions were correct because I had a hell of an entertaining time reading this book. It’s so funny, so easy to read and the romance was really sweet! Definitely excited to continue reading this companion series.
- Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers #2) by Penny Reid – Obviously, because the first book was so much fun, I immediately requested the second one from the library! This one I think was even better. I loved the premise, the romance flowed so well and was so cute. My favorite thing about it was the female protagonist being a successful plus size, Latina with a thriving career as a screenwriter and actress in Hollywood. What could be better?!
- Steadfast (True North #2) by Sarina Bowen – This is another series that I started that has some companion to one I’ve read before. It’s been much… heavier than I’m usually used to from this author, specially this book in particular. It deals with addiction, recovery, violence and death and it was much more than I expected. I’m interested to see how the rest of the series turns out.
- Goodreads Reading Challenge – 53/50 (106%)
- Read It While It’s Hot Challenge – 5/12
- Finishing the Series Challenge – 8/12
So that’s it for this post! Thank you so much for reading! These posts are some of my favorites now because they’re pretty easy to write and share and it lets me talk to all of you about the books I’m reading. Let me know how your reading month went and what you’re excited to read in September!