*Right now, I am only accepting the e-ARCs that I request on NetGalley. If you think your book fits the descriptions below and is on NetGalley, send me an email with the blurb.
I accept ARCs, physical and ebook copies, from authors and publishers. I read most genres, but I have a preference for Young Adult (preferably high fantasy or contemporary) and New Adult (contemporary) but depending on the content of the book, I could make an exception.
You will receive confirmation if I want to accept an ARC of any kind. If I do, that automatically means I will share a review on this blog. They will be 100% my opinion, with no insult to the author, publisher or book. These reviews will also generally be spoiler free unless I state otherwise.
My reviews have a specific format, they are divided between two categories: Critically and Emotionally. The former is a critical look at the plot, writing style and characters where I give a star rating to each and elaborate on my thoughts. The latter is a deeper discussion on the book where I expand on my feelings. The general rating of the book has no bearing on how I rate the three critical elements and vice versa.
My rating system is as follows:
- – I loved it meaning: Interesting, entertaining and engaging plot. Well executed and well-developed writing style. Characters are complex and intriguing with significant growth throughout the book.
- – I enjoyed it meaning: The plot was interesting and kept my attention. The writing style was good though most likely, not mind-blowing. The characters are likable and intriguing but not ones I connect with deeply.
- – Average, all books start with this rating and generally improve, get worse or remain. It was okay meaning: Plot is interesting but not engaging or really slow. The writing style is really simple and might not push the plot to its full potential. Characters are average with maybe some interesting qualities but not enough to connect and may be generally stagnant or flat.
- – I didn’t like it meaning: Not the kind of book for me. Boring or incredibly slow plot. The writing style is poor, maybe with grammatical errors and repetitiveness. Uses a lot of uninteresting tropes. Characters are annoying, frustrating or pointless with little to no growth throughout the book.
- – I hated it meaning: Very few redeeming qualities. The plot feels over used, copied, unoriginal, unrealistic or just plain boring. The writing style is messy, poor, with grammatical errors abound. Characters annoying, make stupid decisions or generally have no growth or depth to them. Pointless book.
I also employ half stars when necessary between any of the above ratings when the book calls for it.
The easiest way to contact me is through email which you can find on the right-hand side of this blog at all times. Please provide the book’s name, author’s name, publisher, number of pages and a brief description of what the book is about. A confirmation or decline will be sent to you in 3-4 business days.
If you have any questions, I am active on Twitter and Goodreads and those links can also be found on the right-hand side of this blog.